Saturday, May 16, 2009

Liars & Homme Gold Digger (HGDs)

I had the perfect afternoon lazing on a plush hotel bed, my room filled with scented candles and a yummy wagyu burger with taleggio cheese. I was also twitter and fb stalking my favourite people to bitch about.

Today’s topic: LIARS & the He Gold Digger (HGD)

in all honesty, I couldn’t care less if someone is rich or poor. But I admit when a poor person pretends to be uber rich. It annoys me. Yes, outing them seems to be a nice hobby I take on sometimes. but seriously, making claims that your family owns diamond mines, restaurant chain and hotels – all things google can give me the true answer to. Not so smart.

if you’re going to LIE. Kindly google your lie first. chances are, there are others like me out there who will google your lies just to out you. why? because people like me don’t like they getting conned! Duh. we all don’t like being taken for fools and when men LIE about their wealth just to impress us, it usually leads to us paying for their po-ass later on!

honestly, I’ve been on dates with guys who tell you exactly what they anticipate is the ‘right’ thing to say to you just because they’re trying their very best to impress. that’s fine. till they start hinting for invites to VIP events and expecting to live YOUR life under YOUR expense. wait a minute, if memory serves me right, the dough in my wallet is MINE!! it goes to my lifestyle and shopping fund, not your tag-along-rich-girl-fund!

i’ve seen it happen to many and several times almost happen to me. Oh wait, it did happen to me! but I will say it happened on a much lower scale since I downplayed my lifestyle to better suit his. I know, how stupid of me. we all live and learn.

  • anyway, as I sit in bed with a face mask on and thermal socks for my feet, I recall all the things that annoy me about HGDs. here’s a few pointers on how to ‘out’ a HGD:

    - they always dress very well and smell nice too. So don’t get sucked into the spankin cool threads and infectious scent of Creed. the not-so-pro ones will go mainstream ala Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss, Davidoff, etc. personally, I’m a true sucker for Creed. Swoon.
    - they own at least two Hackett Polo tees and a few Lacoste ones too. because to them it’s a stupid statement piece. Fred Perry is much nicer. But they tend to go loud and proud with labels because they Want people to think that they can afford designer threads. Right, go monogram go!
    - they’ll do EVERYTHING for you – be your driver, agree with everything you say, flatter you in every way (because flattery gets you everywhere, it truly does), peel prawns for you, carry your bags, carry your handbag (I really hate seeing a man with a bag in the crook of his arm. So not cool) etc.
  • - big spenders at clubs. well, whether it was them who shouted the 3 bottles of Dom or it was their mate who’s unaware of their mooching ways, they’ll pour you several glasses as if they paid for the crate. Confidence is the key.
    - at first, they’ll pay for Everything. your drinks, your food, maybe one or two of your shopping trips – probably outing the cheaper ones like the odd top or a scented candle. and then. they’ll start mooching once you’ve become codependent on them being ‘around’. oh, and it all goes downhill from there.
    - they’ll start driving your car. Quite comfortably too.
    - move into your home slowly but surely
    - if you’re living on a trust fund, then they’ll ease their way into your family. soon they’ll be part of the wallpaper on the family estate and also perhaps a rising executive in Daddy’s business. And let the good family times roll.
    - oh and they also become a part of family holidays, especially when Daddy forks out the bill and the HGD is comfortably lazing on the family yacht as if he truly belongs there.
    - once they’re in your life, it’s hard to curb ‘em. so watch it!

I really hope someone reads this and passes it on. wealthy women should read this because there are so many HGDs around.

they'll prey on 'poor little rich girls' because they believe all rich girls have a daddy complex or some sort of pathetic complex. quite frankly, i probably have some sort of complex too. but i'm certainly too proud to admit it or get conned into codependency by any Tom, Dick or Harry just to avoid being alone. Choose wisely!

No comments:

Post a Comment